Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Do other atheist wish the loving Jesus as God was true?

I'd love to be able to pray for broken people and fix them.


I'd love to be able to pray for the starving and they could be fed.


I'd love to be able to pray for closeness to Jesus and he came to me.





All of these have failed for me, so I simply can't believe anymore, and as more time passes I see more and more error in the religion.





Pity really.Do other atheist wish the loving Jesus as God was true?
Sure, who doesn't want there to be such a God? just Like I want Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Star Wars to be real.





( This is of course disregarding the horrible things that said God has done etc.)Do other atheist wish the loving Jesus as God was true?
But you don't want a real Creator so you would have a real purpose and a real life.

Report Abuse



I'd like to have a magic wand to wave whenever I wanted anything to happen.





Reality dictates that there are no magic wands and that if you want something to happen it takes action on your part, hard work, and doing things physically rather than just thinking about them.
Sure. I guess the world would stop being so insanely ****** up if there were some kind of higher power to fix stuff. I'd love to be able to just be like ';Hey, you're poor. Here's all my money. I'm not worried, Jesus (or whoever) will make everything better.';
No not really. The perversion of the religion that followed is what is one of the many things that are wrong with Christianity, and whether he was real or not, that Perversion is what we live with.
No I don't. I wish there was a being that I could pray to, and it would help me with my troubles. Certainly, though, Jesus of the Bible is not this.
It's a great story. But it has a meaning relevant to all, not just those who have appropriated his name.





If you would know Jesus in your life, don't ask a xian.
I'd love to be able to pray for closeness to Jesus and he came to me.%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;





You can, but you've got to admit why you're doing it...





That's the part most people can't get past.
How very sad, the answerers here dont even want to consider the love of Christ.





The no's here just tell me that there are so many who are indeed just hardened to the point of pity.





So very sad indeed.
No...I'd rather have people just wake up from their delusions and realize that ';Gods'; do not exist. There would then be less war and hate or at least one less excuse for war and hate
NO, because if Jesus were true so many other atrocities would have to be true. I have no need to romanticize the concept of Christ.
Heck no. In fact if it were true i would be very sad. The bible makes for very boring history.
Well, ';yes'; seems a bit too simple, but it's all I got.





Yes.
no, to much power for one person to have
No.I'm speaking only for myself.





Do you also wish Santa was real?
nope
***All of these have failed for me, so I simply can't believe anymore***





I know what you mean. I was an atheist and I can't believe anymore....waking up every morning knowing I have no reason to get out of bed. If I had a reason to get out of bed, I would prove the theist position.





But lying there, I recognized that I was made without one intelligent thought because if any thought was part of my creation, I would prove the theist's position.





As I was made without intelligence, it was reasonable to think that I existed for no reason at all. And since I existed for no reason, there certainly wasn't a reason to get out of bed....least I prove the theist's position.





So, have nothing to do, I explored my atheist and discovered I could express all my religion mathematically:





Dust = Life = Dust





I quickly notice the reason I didn't need to get out of bed. According to my religion, my life started and will end at exactly the same place. As no change was possible by my life, nothing I did could make a difference.





My life was no different than water freezing and then thawing.





My life was no different than building a sandcastle in front of the waves of time. No matter how big or small I made the sandcastle, no evidence would remain after a couple of waves / years.





As an atheist, there was no difference if I was as good as Mother Teresa or did things as bad as Japan's unit 731. All paths end up at exactly the same point regardless what I did.





I didn't matter. My life didn't matter.





Since it doesn't matter if I live life like an atheist or a theist, why not live my life as if I had a reason to live? Why not have a right and wrong? Why not prove the theist position right?





And that is what I did and I have been living the theist lifestyle where I am able to make a difference because there is a right and wrong.





I picked up a Bible and discovered why, ';In the beginning, God created the heaven's and the earth.';





As the Creator, God made us for a reason and that reason is my reason to live. God made me with a purpose and that purpose defines what is ';right.'; What isn't part of the reason I am alive is ';wrong.';





And when I do right, I end up in heaven which is different from when I do wrong and end up in hell. While I don't like to think about people going to hell, it is better than everyone doing things that don't make a difference as all paths go to the same place.





Beside, as God made me with a purpose, it is His desire that I do what He made me to do. As He made me with a brain, mouth, eyes and ears, I know He can and does communicate with me. Not as an invention but as a child.





As babies hear their parents voice, so we hear God's voice. But to recognize what He is saying, you must spend time in the Bible reading the only book that is living and active and sharper than any two edged sword.





Hope this helps


email me if you have any questions





1Graftedin
Jesus is real. The reason it didn't work is because you never truly believed.
  • hair ideas
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment