Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What are your feelings about the message ';Jesus is the most true way to God';?

Does whether or not people who don't accept Jesus suffer eternal damnation make a difference in said feelings?What are your feelings about the message ';Jesus is the most true way to God';?
I immediately realise the person who says it is a nutter and I move away... trying not to make any sudden moves... we don't wanna wake the monkey; they might scare the horses.


~What are your feelings about the message ';Jesus is the most true way to God';?
My feeling is that it is a completely unsupported statement that rests on other statements that are completely unsupported or contradicted by solid archeological evidence as well as eveidence from other sciences.





The eternal damnation thing is also unsupported and even worse is not universally believed by all Christians, so, no, it doesn't make a difference.
If I am a great architect, honorable and capable of reason and compassion, I do not design a huge building that holds many people that I know I am going to burn down with only one exit that is cleverly hidden.





So, either there is no god, god is evil, god is not too bright or god did not design such a trap for humanity. You pick one.
I think it's an incredibly arrogant and narrow-minded world view that Jesus himself likely wouldn't endorse.


If Jesus were here today, he'd likely be hanging out with drug addicts, prostitutes, the homeless; people on the margins of our society, and leading by example rather than condemning everyone left and right. After all, that's what Biblical basis supports.


Judaism,Christianity, and Islam actually all claim to be the ';one right and only'; religion; how does anyone really know?
In response to the first question: I agree. Jesus is the only way, actually. That's what I believe.





In response to the second: of course. I care about people very, very much. I don't want anyone to suffer. I don't want anyone to end up in hell. But sometimes, I don't know what to do about it. I can't forcefeed people my beliefs. I can't shove my convictions down people's throats. I don't want that control over them, in any event. I do want people to be safe- and I do want people to know how wonderful and magnificent Jesus Christ is. I am still working on my way. I want to help people find the truth, but sometimes, they don't want to know it. Sometimes, people don't want to be saved. I don't let it discourage me, I still want to make an earnest effort to reach them. But at the same time, I don't want to act disdainfully nor self righteously. I don't want to just annoy people by pontificating my beliefs. I prefer to walk in love and compassion- we can set an example by acting Christlike. The hard part for me is reminding people that they are sinners- and I realize that I am no different, neither am I any better than they. I, too, am a sinner, and I am the least deserving of God's magnanimity and benevolent grace.
I think it is both true and not true. Even Jesus said it is your actions that will be judged, not whether or not you profess to know him. You don't need to be a Christian to follow the golden rule. And if you are generous with others and also offer forgiveness when transgressed then I believe you are on the right track to God, be you a Christian or not.





So it's not what you call yourself, it's how you behave.
No they do not suffer eternal damnation,why would they?Cause no Jesus is not the only one true way to God.We have Divine Guidance from Guardian Angels,Archangel Angels,Cherub-in Angels,and other Angels etc...They could pass by God to at any time but they have to have God permission just like Jesus.God love you i do.Take care.And that is my opinion.
I'll take a slightly less true way, then, thank you. One that doesn't require eternal damnation of others based on thought crimes of disbelief. I've always been fond of the more scenic routes, the roads less traveled, and all that.
Jesus: A god who created man and woman with original sin then impregnated a virgin girl with himself as her child so that he could be born and then got himself tortured and killed as a sacrifice to himself to save humans from the sin he originally condemned them to.
For me, that statement is a lie. And there is no such thing in Judaism as anyone suffering eternal damnation, so that is irrelevant to me as well.
as a Secular Humanist, i am a fan of Jesus and his message ( I think he existed, but wasn't the holy, divine being Christians make him out to be). I think he had guts to do that at his time. I'm just not a fan of his fan club...They're a bit drastic at times!
I believe that Jesus is the brindge that connects us to God. He was sent to us by God, and we have seen examples of God-like behavior and learned them from Jesus.
All (one, reality, 'God') is infinite %26amp; eternal - it includes everyone/everything forever.





Embody all to 'be.'
It does not apply to me.





There is no Jesus in Norse beliefs. So why should I believe that I would suffer eternal damnation for not accepting Jesus.
It's as relevant as the statement ';Holden knows where he left the Pency Prep foils';.
Self Righteousness and Arrongance.
I am a Christian, but I personally think there are other ways to God.
That if you believe that, you will waste your only life.
disgusting... huueeek!!
It's an obvious lie.
It doesn't make sense. I can go one a killing rampage and still be ';saved'; because Jesus got me covered!
See, you gotta' get your spirit ReCreated.





Jesus is the Only One Who can ReCreate it.





(Jesus Created you in the first place).





Romans 10:9, in a Bible, will get your spirit ReCreated.





Jesus Died on the Cross so that ';YOU'; can get your spirit ReCreated.





Yep!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment